The department of Internal Medicine deals with the prevention, diagnosis and non-surgical treatment of various diseases. The department of internal medicine at Manipal Hospitals is favored by a multitude of people owing to the fact that it is a convenient one-stop-solution. Adding to this, the presence of talented doctors and specialists, modern diagnostic services and a 24-hr pharmacy go on to make this the all-round solution that patients seek.
The department of Internal medicine provides treatment for the following:
- All types of fevers, including fever of unknown origin.
- All metabolic diseases and endocrine diseases such as diabetes, thyroid, obesity, electrolyte imbalance, deficiency of vitamins.
- Treatment of hypertension, dyslipidemia and obesity clinic.
- All infectious diseases including disseminated tuberculosis.
- Respiratory diseases like asthma, allergies, lung infection, cough, sinusitis, pneumonia, TB, swineflu, influenza etc.
- HIV infection, which includes prevention, diagnosis, management of infection and complications.
- Abdominal Problems like acute gastrointestinal infections (eg. Colitis, Amoebiasis, Liver abscess, Cholera, Viral hepatitis)
- Autoimmune disease which include diseases of the joints and limbs, backache, SLE, Ankylosing spondylitis, Polymyositis/Rheumatoid Artritis
- Neurological Problems like migraine, vascular headache, muscular weakness, epilepsy, stroke
- Geriatric Medicine (which deals with illness associated with senior citizens)
- Haematological disorders, eg: Anaemia, haemoglobinopathies
- OPD convenience all round the year, 365 days.
- Evening OPD convenience
- Multispecialty Hospital Convenience (Lab, Radiology, Pharmacy etc all under one roof)
- Presence of highly Competent and experienced
- In-patient management